Learn 67 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: why top NBA draft picks so often disappoint, the plight of minor league baseball players, and the problem with counterfeit goods.
1. Why Top NBA Draft Picks So Often Disappoint
The Atlantic, 6/25/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 20
Why is it that so many top draft picks end up performing below-average in the NBA? Read more and learn vocabulary words like dominate, hypothetical, mock, optimism, prospects, and threshold.
2. Minor League Baseball Players Make Poverty-Level Wages
Mother Jones, July 2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 17
Former minor league baseball players are suing Major League Baseball for paying them less than minimum wage. Read more and learn vocabulary words like acclaimed, allegations, compensate, reluctant, suppress, and sympathy.
3. Museum of Fakes for a City of Fakes
The Daily Beast, 6/24/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 30
What's wrong with buying counterfeit bags and other products? Read more and learn vocabulary words like affiliated, deploy, ersatz, repercussions, ubiquitous, and widespread.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update