Learn 43 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: why the Washington Redskins football team lost its trademark, Amazon's new Fire Phone, and J.K. Rowling's new book.
1. Washington's Football Team Just Lost Its Trademark on the Name Redskins
The Wire, 6/18/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 12
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office canceled the trademark on the Washington Redskins' team name, because the name was deemed too offensive. Read more and learn vocabulary words like citing, comprise, contempt, disparage, disrepute, and testified.
2. Everything You Need to Know About Amazon’s New Fire Phone
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 17
Would you buy a smartphone made by Amazon? Read more and learn vocabulary words like attributes, dynamic, innovative, notable, queue, and unique.
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 14
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update