Learn 76 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: the debate over the World Cup for Brazilians, why being short can help in soccer, and a vocabulary contest between rappers and U.S. Supreme Court justices.
1. For Brazilians, a World Cup of woe
Los Angeles Times, 6/11/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 36
Not all Brazilians are excited about the World Cup. Read more and learn vocabulary words like allegations, discontent, ominous, profound, traumatic, and vindicated.
2. Why Being Short Can Help in Soccer
The Atlantic, 6/12/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 14
Unlike in many other sports, being tall isn't necessarily an advantage when playing soccer. Read more and learn vocabulary words like correlation, diminutive, elusive, notable, prosaic, and robust.
3. Rappers v. Scotus
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 26
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update