Learn 112 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: the high art of competitive eating, the new Taco Bell Quesarito, and this year’s World Cup soccer ball.
1. The High Art of Competitive Eating
The Atlantic, 6/9/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 75
Should competitive eating be considered a real sport? Read more and learn vocabulary words like agility, cathartic, conspicuous, formidable, kinetic, and meticulous.
2. Let's Investigate the New Taco Bell Quesarito, Shall We?
The Wire, 6/9/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 20
Taco Bell's latest creation, the Quesarito (quesadilla + burrito), is getting interesting reviews. Read more and learn vocabulary words like amalgamating, comestibles, diffident, prevalent, sentiment, and surplus.
3. Why this year’s World Cup soccer ball may fly more predictably than the 2010 dud
Washington Post, 6/9/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 17
A lot of focus is being placed on the soccer ball that will be used in this year's World Cup. Read more and learn vocabulary words like ameliorate, hyperbolic, magnitude, predecessor, trajectory, and turbulence.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update