Learn 61 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: five of the coolest iWatch mockups, stunning underwater photos, and California Chrome's failed bid to win the Triple Crown.
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 12
Rumors are rampant that Apple will release an iWatch later this year. What might this look like? Read more and learn vocabulary words like conjecture, debut, embedding, incarnation, mimic, and seamless.
2. Stunning Underwater Photos on World Oceans Day
National Geographic, 6/8/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 26
Yesterday was World Oceans Day. Check out these amazing underwater photos. Read more and learn vocabulary words like immune, inaccessible, menacing, paramount, sustenance, and vibrant.
3. Why California Chrome’s Fairy Tale Didn’t End Happily Ever After
The Daily Beast, 6/8/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 23
Despite all the hype, California Chrome was unable to win the Triple Crown on Saturday. What happened? Read more and learn vocabulary words like captivated, grueling, heralded, inauspicious, pedigree, and shrewd.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update