Learn 83 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: sports journalism in advance of the NBA finals, the casting for Star Wars: Episode VII, and the problem with Disney’s fairy tale reboots.
1. NBA Finals: Two Kinds Of Sports Journalism
The New Republic, 6/1/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 19
Should coaches and players be obligated to cooperate with the journalists writing about the upcoming NBA Finals? Read more and learn vocabulary words like abysmal, compelling, denigrating, ignoble, montage, and ostensibly.
2. Lupita Nyong'o Joins Star Wars: Episode VII Cast
The Daily Beast, 6/2/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 15
The casting of the hotly anticipated Star Wars: Episode VII movie is becoming a saga of its own. Read more and learn vocabulary words like antagonist, beholden, immovable, mentor, odyssey, and surreal.
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 49
Maleficent is just the latest movie that tries to retell a classic story from a different perspective. Read more and learn vocabulary words like bellicose, infamous, misogyny, nemeses, subvert, and vengeance.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update