Learn 61 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: what female Disney villains have in common, the popularity of Minecraft, and how much it would cost to hire Taylor Swift for your next party.
1. What Do All These Female Disney Villains Have in Common?
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 12
Female villains in Disney movies have one surprising thing in common! Read more and learn vocabulary words like antagonist, bemoans, benevolence, scorned, snubbed, and supposed.
2. The Game That Conquered the World
The Atlantic, 5/21/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 39
How did Minecraft become so popular so fast? Read more and learn vocabulary words like benign, fictive, labyrinth, obscurity, propelled, and theoretical.
3. See How Much It’ll Cost to Book Your Favorite Musical Act
The Daily Beast, 5/21/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 10
Wish you could book Taylor Swift or your favorite musical act for your next party? Find out how much it would cost you! Read more and learn vocabulary words like aficionados, alleged, delusion, expenditure, grandeur, and tribute.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update