Learn 60 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: the 150 new words being added to the dictionary this year, why airplane food tastes bad, and Facebook takes on Snapchat with a new app.
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 18
Merriam-Webster is adding 150 new words to its dictionary. Find out which ones made the cut! Read more and learn vocabulary words like deceptive, designated, discarded, preceded, prominent, and widespread.
2. Why Airplane Food Is So Bad
The Atlantic, 5/19/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 31
As it turns out, it's hard to make airplane food taste good because our sense of taste deteriorates when we're up in the air! Read more and learn vocabulary words like anecdotal, credence, palatable, placated, suppresses, and threshold.
3. Spurned by Snapchat, Facebook Builds Its Own Version Called Slingshot
The Wire, 5/19/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 11
Facebook is planning to compete directly with Snapchat by launching a new app called Slingshot. Will you use it? Read more and learn vocabulary words like anonymity, demographic, executed, hinder, and presumably.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update