Learn 61 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: the end of the banana, why Smokey Bear is getting a makeover, and the growing trend of fashionista toddlers.
1. Has The End Of The Banana Arrived?
Popular Science, 5/13/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 27
Scientists are worried that one of the world's most popular fruits may be wiped out by a virulent fungus. Read more and learn vocabulary words like bleak, inadvertently, malady, mitigate, singular, and subsistence.
2. Smokey Bear, nearly 70, gets a millennial makeover
Los Angeles Times, 5/13/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 24
Smokey Bear, the popular character that warns children about the dangers of forest fires, is getting a makeover! Read more and learn vocabulary words like anthropomorphism, humanity, parched, psyche, venerable, and vigilant.
3. The Littlest Fashionista Is Just Plain Stinkin’ Cute
The Daily Beast, 5/13/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 10
Many of these toddlers are more fashion-forward than adults! Read more and learn vocabulary words like dapper, derived, emphasize, epic, hacking, and mimicking.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update