Learn 52 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: controversy over Vibram shoes, Apple's interest in buying Beats by Dre, and the battle for the Los Angeles Clippers.
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 14
Vibram, the maker of those funny-looking "finger shoes" was recently fined $3.75 million for deceptive advertising. Was the ruling right? Read more and learn vocabulary words like alleged, assertions, emulate, induced, profound, and windfall.
2. Apple’s Beats by Dre Deal Might Center on Jimmy Iovine
Vanity Fair, 5/9/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 22
Apple is reportedly considering buying Beats by Dre for a whopping $3.2 billion. Read more and learn vocabulary words like anointing, derided, keen, proliferated, sage, and ubiquity.
3. Two Sterlings and the NBA Dig In for L.A. Clippers Custody Battle
Business Week, 5/12/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 16
What will it take for the NBA to force disgraced owner Donald Sterling to sell the Los Angeles Clippers? Read more and learn vocabulary words like docile, interim, interlocutor, oust, tenuous, and terminated.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update