Learn 46 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: the tourist-friendly prison in Philadelphia, whether your friends can tell when you're fake laughing, and the debate over meditation.
1. Philadelphia's Tourist-Friendly Prison
The Atlantic, 5/6/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 16
Eastern State Penitentiary, one of the most notorious prisons in U.S. history, is now a major tourist attraction in Philadelphia, PA. Read more and learn vocabulary words like industrious, reforming, remorse, ruinous, solitude, and tribute.
2. Your Friends Can Tell When You Fake Laugh at Their Jokes
The Wire, 5/6/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 13
Think you can fool your friends with your fake laugh? Think again! Read more and learn vocabulary words like acoustic, compiled, discern, grimaces, scrutiny, and spontaneous.
3. Is Meditation Overrated?
Scientific American, 5/1/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 17
Meditation is all the rage right now, but does it actually work? Read more and learn vocabulary words like alleviates, cognitive, intervention, mantra, stringent, and unconventional.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update