Learn 60 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: the chemistry behind chocolate and other everyday things, the best advice from questionable graduation speakers, and a $10,000 bachelor's degree.
1. The Miracle of Chocolate, Glass and Other "Stuff"
Scientific American, 5/1/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 24
Think chemistry is boring? But an understanding of chemistry is how we've made chocolate so delicious! Read more and learn vocabulary words like degrades, dismiss, dreary, insight, mundane, and regress.
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 26
Picking a graduation speaker is a big decision and sometimes, it doesn't work out. Read more and learn vocabulary words like allegations, aphorisms, deceit, imposed, menace, and platitude.
3. The $10,000 Bachelor's Degree Arrives
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 10
Is it really possible to get a college degree for just $10,000? Read more and learn vocabulary words like aspiration, deliberate, encumbered, exploited, inspiring, and mastery.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update