Learn 70 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: how much artists get paid by music services like Spotify, what it's like to have too much money, and why we may get more harsh winters in the future.
1. Which Music Service Makes Artists the Most Money?
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 24
Ever wonder how much your favorite artist makes when you listen to his or her song on Spotify or Pandora or Beats Music? Read more and learn vocabulary words like advocate, autonomy, genre, lucrative, marquee, and tandem.
2. What Is It Like to Have Too Much Money?
Vanity Fair, May 2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 28
It seems hard to imagine that it's possible to have too much money, but this tongue-in-cheek article says that the super-rich often suffer from perfection anxiety. Read more and learn vocabulary words like absurd, dichotomy, ennui, heresy, impeccable, and serendipitous.
3. America Could Get More and More Super-Freezing Winters
The Atlantic, 4/17/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 18
This past winter was brutal for much of the U.S. Unfortunately, harsh winters may become more common in the future. Read more and learn vocabulary words like attests, contiguous, dynamic, generated, revival, and sinuous.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update