Learn 86 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: the trial of Oscar Pistorius for the murder of Reeva Steenkamp, a summer movie preview, and the growing popularity of small plates dining.
1. How Oscar Pistorius Went From Paralympic Golden Boy to ‘Disgusting Liar’
The Daily Beast, 4/14/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 57
Oscar Pistorius has fallen a long way from his days as an internationally beloved paralympic athlete. Read more and learn vocabulary words like belies, concession, fabricated, proclivity, recriminations, and tenacious.
2. Summer Movie Preview: Performances to Watch For
The Wire, 4/14/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 14
Here are some potential summer blockbusters to look forward to! Read more and learn vocabulary words like accrued, charisma, foray, humanitarian, inimitable, and stoic.
3. How Small Plates Conquered America's Menus
The Atlantic, 4/14/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 15
Restaurants across the U.S. are embracing the "small plates dining" concept. Read more and learn vocabulary words like communal, conviviality, eschewing, spectrum, subtly, and succumbing.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update