Learn 59 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: whether it's really possible to upload Johnny Depp's brain, the collapse of the cupcake fad, and how to ship a 66-million year old T. rex fossil across the U.S.
1. Can We Really Upload Johnny Depp’s Brain?
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 30
In Johnny Depp's new movie, Transcendence, the main character uploads his brain onto a computer so he can "live" forever. Is that really possible? Read more and learn vocabulary words like cognitive, collaboration, emulate, feasibility, obsolete, and resolution.
2. Collapse of the Cupcake Fad Sends Crumbs Into Supermarkets
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 15
Just a few years ago, cupcakes were the big thing. But now, business is falling off drastically. What happened? Read more and learn vocabulary words like debut, diversify, franchise, hybrid, stark, and thriving.
3. How to Ship a T. Rex Across the Country
National Geographic, 4/14/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 14
How do you move a 38-foot long, 7-ton, 66-million year old T. rex fossil across the U.S.? Very carefully! Read more and learn vocabulary words like amiss, assessment, curator, dismantle, inventory, and renovations.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update