Learn 82 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: when tourism endangers fragile ecosystems, whether organic foods are really better for you, and Prince George's trip to New Zealand.
1. Myanmar's Tourism Boom Endangers Fragile Ecosystems
National Geographic, 4/7/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 31
What should a country do when tourists, which bring in much-needed revenue, damage the local ecosystem? Read more and learn vocabulary words like detrimental, endemic, invasive, obliterates, prolific, and quaint.
2. Is organic better for your health?
Washington Post, 4/7/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 28
Are organic foods really better for you? Here's a roundup of the latest research. Read more and learn vocabulary words like adverse, correlation, mandated, mechanism, remnant, and synthetic.
3. Prince George and the New Royal Baby Rules
The Daily Beast, 4/10/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 23
William, Kate, and Baby George have been captivating New Zealanders on their recent tour. Read more and learn vocabulary words like archetypal, dictate, incontrovertible, notable, petulance, and reverence.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update