Learn 64 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: the growing problem of ocean trash, how to make yourself happier, and the foods that will be harder to grow in the future.
1. Plane Search Shows World's Oceans Are Full of Trash
National Geographic, 4/4/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 22
The search for Malaysian Flight 370 has called attention to the growing problem of ocean trash. Read more and learn vocabulary words like catastrophic, debris, detritus, inadvertently, migrate, and narrative.
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 26
Want to be happier? Here are some ways to make that happen. Read more and learn vocabulary words like causal, delusion, introvert, pessimism, savor, and vital.
3. These 5 Foods Will Be Harder to Grow in a Warmer World
National Geographic, 4/5/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 16
Find out which foods will be increasingly hard to grow in the future. Read more and learn vocabulary words like counterintuitive, drastic, optimum, parched, rogue, and widespread.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update