Learn 101 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: celebrities as fashion commentators, reviewing your various streaming music options, and the March Madness matchup between fans vs. big data.
1. Which Celebrities Would Make Great Fashion Commentators?
Vanity Fair, 3/18/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 31
Which celebrities do you think would make great fashion commentators? You can probably guess some of them on this list. Read more and learn vocabulary words like deter, eponymous, foray, pedigree, prowess, and sardonic.
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 51
Not sure whether to use Spotify, Pandora, Beats Music, or any of the other options available for streaming music? Read more and learn vocabulary words like accessible, alleged, brevity, diminutive, intangible, and tortuous.
3. Real Matchup in March Madness: Fandom vs. Big Data
The Atlantic, 3/19/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 19
When it comes to predicting March Madness college basketball results, who does a better job: fans or computers? Read more and learn vocabulary words like abstraction, algorithm, parameters, parlance, profusion, and regimes.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update