Learn 71 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: four scientific ways to become luckier, how Hollywood is taking over Broadway, and the most overused word on the Internet.
1. The 4 Scientific Ways to Become Luckier
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 15
It may seem hard to imagine, but scientists say there are things you can do to improve your luck in life. Read more and learn vocabulary words like adversity, innate, introverted, neurotic, persevere, and serendipitous.
2. Is Broadway Being Destroyed by Hollywood?
The Daily Beast, 3/17/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 23
Rocky, the iconic boxing movie of the 1970s, has just opened as a Broadway musical. It's the latest Hollywood film to be reinvented for the stage. Read more and learn vocabulary words like adaptation, fidelity, impresario, narratives, paltry, and seamless.
3. "Actually" Is the Most Futile, Overused Word on the Internet
The New Republic, 3/16/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 33
It may actually be hard to believe, but it actually turns out that "actually" is the most overused word on the Internet. Read more and learn vocabulary words like allegations, condescension, discourse, incontrovertible, satire, and ubiquitous.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update