Learn 81 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: Disney's new tactics to improve the theme park experience, why pizza is being labeled the next health threat, and key things to know about Crimea.
1. Disney Bets $1 Billion on Technology to Track Theme-Park Visitors
Business Week, 3/7/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 24
Are you willing to let Disney track you via GPS while you're visiting one of its theme parks in exchange for shorter lines and better service? Read more and learn vocabulary words like devotees, formidable, implications, queue, seamless, and torrent.
2. Pizza Might Be Your Enemy
The Daily Beast, 3/9/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 25
Some health experts are now labeling pizza as a "health threat." Pizza? Seriously?! Read more and learn vocabulary words like dismal, eludes, intractable, phenomena, provocative, and yeoman.
3. 11 Essential Questions About Crimea, Answered
The New Republic, 3/7/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 32
As the conflict over Crimea continues to escalate between Russia and Ukraine, here are some key facts to know about the Crimean Peninsula. Read more and learn vocabulary words like antagonism, defection, intervene, referendum, solvent, and sovereignty.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update