Learn 66 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: why Andrew Jackson should be removed from the U.S. $20 bill, how a python can swallow a crocodile, and how Starbucks could replace your bank.
1. Kick Andrew Jackson Off the $20 Bill
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 33
Andrew Jackson, the seventh U.S. president, has been the face of the U.S. $20 bill for decades. Does he really deserve that honor? Read more and learn vocabulary words like deprives, eloquent, genocide, symbiotic, unfathomable, and visage.
2. Pictures: How a Python Can Swallow a Crocodile
National Geographic, 3/3/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 13
How on earth can pythons swallow prey that may be larger than the snake's own size? Read more and learn vocabulary words like constrict, dormant, epic, habitat, immune, and predators.
3. How Starbucks Could Replace Your Bank
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 20
The idea may sound crazy, but could Starbucks start offering some banking services? Read more and learn vocabulary words like attest, behemoth, cachet, consign, mediocre, and solvent.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update