Learn 99 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: the growing crisis in Ukraine, how Ukraine will shape the future of the Middle East, and a glowing review of last night's Oscars show.
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 26
The situation in Ukraine has escalated as Russia's military forces have taken control of the Crimean peninsula despite repeated pleas from Ukraine and Western nations to not get involved. Read more and learn vocabulary words like censure, diplomacy, monopoly, refrain, and sovereignty.
2. How Ukraine Will Shape the Future of the Middle East
The New Republic, 3/2/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 42
The situation in Ukraine isn't just about the future of Eastern Europe. What happens next between Russia and Ukraine will impact the future of the Middle East too. Read more and learn vocabulary words like defiant, garner, integrity, ironic, negligible, and sustain.
3. Surprise! Ellen DeGeneres is the Best Oscars Host in a Decade
The Daily Beast, 3/3/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 31
On a much lighter note, last night's Oscars show, hosted by Ellen DeGeneres, was widely considered a hit. Read more and learn vocabulary words like nemesis, opulent, plethora, replete, ubiquitous, and unequivocal.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update