Learn 117 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: the money woes of blue-collar Sochi Olympians, the case against fancy figure-skating costumes, and the Olympic medal inflation.
1. The money woes of blue-collar Sochi Olympians
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 23
Becoming an Olympian takes a lot of training, dedication, hard work, and ... money. What do athletes do if their families aren't wealthy? Read more and learn vocabulary words like adversity, augurs, divergent, gauntlet, plagued, and relentlessly.
2. The Case Against Fancy Figure-Skating Outfits
The Atlantic, 2/19/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 82
Figure-skating outfits seem to get more outlandish with every Olympics. Do they detract from the sport? Read more and learn vocabulary words like audacious, garish, infractions, modesty, onus, and subjective.
3. Olympic Medal Inflation: Triumph Has Never Been Easier
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 12
With so many events happening at the Winter Olympics these days, more countries are winning medals than ever before. Read more and learn vocabulary words like boon, debut, diluted, egalitarian, endorsement, and ingenious.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update