Learn 92 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: the rise of superhero therapy, the worst-designed sport of all time, and the hit Netflix show 'House of Cards'.
1. The Rise of Superhero Therapy
The Daily Beast, 2/17/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 58
Superhero comic books aren't just fun to read. Some therapists are using them to help treat children with psychological conditions. Read more and learn vocabulary words like adjunct, empirical, epiphany, nefarious, renegade, and unorthodox.
2. The Worst-Designed Sport of All Time
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 18
After watching some Olympic bobsledding, this writer believes that it may be the worst-designed sport of all time. Read more and learn vocabulary words like cumulative, discernible, faltered, minuscule, parameters, and stark.
3. 'House of Cards' Isn't Too Different from Washington, D.C.
The Wire, 2/16/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 16
Kevin Spacey, the star of the hit Netflix show House of Cards, says that the politics depicted on the show mirrors what actually happens in the U.S. capital. Read more and learn vocabulary words like antithesis, disillusion, machinations, ruthlessness, speculation, and verisimilitude.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update