Learn 57 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles about Valentine's Day!
1. How do I choose thee, Valentine’s Day card? Let me count the ways.
Washington Post, 2/13/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 15
Happy Valentine's Day! Are you still in need of a card? Here are some tips on navigating the sometimes treacherous process of selecting the "right" card. Read more and learn vocabulary words like effusive, evoke, missive, rapport, scouring, and unprecedented.
2. How Russell Stover Won the Valentine's Chocolate War
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 17
The most popular Valentine's Day gift is chocolate. How did Russell Stover become the largest boxed-chocolate company in the U.S.? Read more and learn vocabulary words like boisterous, confection, counterintuitive, recalls, recession, and teeming.
3. Valentine's Day Is an Environmental Travesty
The New Republic, 2/12/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 25
Hate Valentine's Day? You have good reason! The carbon costs of all the Valentine's Day greeting cards that we buy are pretty astronomical. Read more and learn vocabulary words like abide, benign, forsaking, saccharine, thrive, and underscores.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update