Learn 71 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: a review of The Lego Movie, the latest controversy on The Biggest Loser, and the opening ceremony of the Sochi Olympics.
1. 'The Lego Movie' Is Actually a Satire
Mother Jones, 2/7/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 22
The Lego Movie is getting a lot of praise and buzz from movie critics. Read more and learn vocabulary words like conformity, dissidents, imminent, parody, regime, and satire.
2. Has ‘The Biggest Loser’ Gone Too Far?
The Daily Beast, 2/8/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 32
The TV show, The Biggest Loser, has been slammed with controversy after its most recent winner lost an astonishing 155 pounds in a short period of time. Read more and learn vocabulary words like agog, lithe, mortified, purport, repercussions, and vilified.
3. The Sochi Olympics Opening Ceremony, Explained
The Wire, 2/7/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 17
Missed the opening ceremony of the Sochi Olympics? Here's a recap of what you missed! Read more and learn vocabulary words like evoke, literary, narrative, nostalgia, omen, and saturated.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update