Learn 71 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: a guide to the ski and snowboard events at the Olympics, a GIF guide to figure skating jumps, and what to expect from the controversial Sochi Olympics.
1. Sochi 2014: Does Shaun White Still Have an Edge Over His Challengers?
The Atlantic, 2/5/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 27
The Sochi Olympics kick off today even though the opening ceremonies aren't until tomorrow. Here's what to expect in the ski and snowboard events this year. Read more and learn vocabulary words like compelling, contender, extent, intriguing, omniscient, and revamping.
2. A GIF Guide to Figure Skaters' Jumps at the Olympics
The Wire, 2/5/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 15
Ever wonder what the difference is between a triple axle, a triple salchow, and a triple lutz? Then this article is for you! Read more and learn vocabulary words like ascending, component, differentiates, meticulous, parallel, and treacherous.
3. Putin’s Explosive Olympics
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 29
The Sochi Olympics have already been quite controversial, with concerns around terrorism, geopolitical turmoil, and Russia's harsh anti-gay laws. What can we expect at the games? Read more and learn vocabulary words like bravado, defiance, erratic, exacerbating, futile, and undermine.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update