Learn 93 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: the good, bad, and ugly of Winter Olympic fashion; why Justin Bieber is benefiting from his scandalous behavior; and, why classic movies have terrible trailers.
1. Winter Olympic Fashion: the Good, the Bad, and the American
The Wire, 1/27/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 18
The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics will kick off next week. Check out some of the interesting uniforms that athletes will be wearing. Read more and learn vocabulary words like anagram, cultivated, nostalgic, relics, subtle, and underscoring.
2. Why Bieber Could Benefit From Scandal
The Daily Beast, 1/27/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 19
Justin Bieber has been in the news recently for all the wrong reasons. But why hasn't his scandalous behavior hurt his image or his endorsements? Read more and learn vocabulary words like bestowed, juggernaut, menacing, proclivity, pundits, and unseemly.
3. Why Classic Movies Have Terrible Trailers
The Atlantic, 1/27/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 56
Movies have changed a lot in the last century, but movie trailers have changed even more! Read more and learn vocabulary words like aesthetic, hyperbolic, lampoons, parody, spartan, and superlatives.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update