Learn 70 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: how technology will change the psychology of waiting for the bus, Kickstarter campaigns for indie filmmakers, and concerns around Dove's marketing campaigns.
1. How Technology Could Forever Change the Psychology of Waiting for the Bus
The Atlantic, 1/22/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 16
Waiting for the bus can be a frustrating experience for many people. How can technology improve this process? Read more and learn vocabulary words like allure, dissertation, parlaying, preen, sentinel, and ubiquitous.
2. Kickstarter Has Changed Indie Moviemaking for Good
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 37
For indie moviemakers looking for funding, raising money directly from fans via Kickstarter has become the way to go. Read more and learn vocabulary words like autonomy, bolstered, detractors, lexicon, polarizing, and unprecedented.
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 17
Dove has received widespread acclaim for its marketing campaign to "redefine beauty," but is the company still sending the wrong message to girls? Read more and learn vocabulary words like anecdote, blatant, esteem, realm, sentimental, and shrewd.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update