Learn 71 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: a review of the new Beats digital music subscription service, the latest NFL lawsuit, and the research on the efficacy of antibacterial soaps.
1. Beats Music Focuses On What to Listen to Next
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 25
Beats, the mega successful maker of headphones and other audio equipment, has launched its own digital music subscription service. Is it any good? Read more and learn vocabulary words like archetypal, compile, contender, curators, imminent, and rhapsody.
2. The Latest NFL Lawsuit Centers on This Exhumed Brain
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 26
The latest lawsuit filed against the NFL will use the brain tissue of a deceased former player to make the case that he suffered from severe brain trauma due to his years as a NFL linebacker. Read more and learn vocabulary words like aggregate, alleges, definitive, degraded, erratic, and negligent.
3. Five Reasons Why You Should Probably Stop Using Antibacterial Soap
Smithsonian Magazine, 1/3/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 20
Antibacterial soaps are ubiquitous these days. But new research shows that you may want to avoid them if you can. Read more and learn vocabulary words like eradicate, mutation, proliferate, prolonged, render, and speculate.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update