Learn 92 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: the impact of the Blackfish documentary about killer whales, a recap of the 2014 Golden Globes Awards, and the battle between Google and Facebook.
1. First Person: How Far Will the Blackfish Effect Go?
National Geographic, 1/13/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 30
Blackfish, a new documentary that criticizes how killer whales are raised and treated in SeaWorld Theme Parks is getting a lot of attention. Read more and learn vocabulary words like doldrums, misleading, notable, provoking, sentient, and unequivocal.
2. Golden Globes Recap: Surprises, Snubs, and Successes
Vanity Fair, 1/12/2014
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 19
Missed the 2014 Golden Globes Awards on Sunday? Check out this recap! Read more and learn vocabulary words like beguiling, cachet, effervescent, oblivious, proclivity, and shrewd.
3. Google Is Trying Harder Than Ever to Be Facebook
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 43 (on first page)
The battle between the two tech giants, Google and Facebook, is heating up. Who will come out on top? Read more and learn vocabulary words like acumen, demurred, espoused, invasive, precocious, and stalwart.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update