Learn 64 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: Nike's special edition sneaker strategy, candy that helps you fight cavities, and the real reason why we celebrate Christmas on December 25th.
1. Has Nike’s Very Special Sneaker Strategy Gone Too Far?
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 19
Nike is known for producing limited quantities of special edition sneakers to appeal to devoted sneakerheads. But how much is too much? Read more and learn vocabulary words like burnish, fervor, garners, incessant, marquee, and ubiquitous.
2. Is Candy That Fights Cavities Too Good To Be True?
Smithsonian Magazine, 12/18/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 26
Who doesn't love candy?! Scientists are working to create candy that will help reduce the levels of cavity-causing bacteria in our mouths. Read more and learn vocabulary words like contends, debris, indulging, pathogenic, placebo, and suppressing.
3. Why We Celebrate Christmas on Dec. 25
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 19 (on first page)
Why exactly do we celebrate Christmas on December 25th? It's not for the reason you might think! Read more and learn vocabulary words like antiquity, conflated, convert, dispute, resurrection, and unfettered.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update