Learn 121 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: the best sports moments of 2013, the most charitable celebrities of 2013, and the best gifts to help you be more active in 2014.
1. The Year in Sports: 2013's Most Epic Wins and Heartbreaking Losses
The Atlantic, 12/16/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 80
No matter what your favorite sport is, 2013 was a great year for sports fans! Read more and learn vocabulary words like beset, dismal, epitomized, immaculate, perfunctory, and undaunted.
2. The 25 Most Charitable Celebrities of 2013
The Daily Beast, 12/16/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 19
Celebrities like Bono can do a lot of good with their dollars and fame. Who were the most charitable celebs of 2013? Read more and learn vocabulary words like advocacy, bevy, credibility, deferred, mogul, and resonance.
3. 13 Fabulous Gifts for the Fitness Fanatic
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 22
Looking for a gift for your favorite fitness buff? Or need something for your wishlist to help you be more active in 2014? Read more and learn vocabulary words like acute, compression, physiological, proprietary, replenishing, and vivid.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update