Learn 146 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles about the life and legacy of Nelson Mandela.
1. The Indispensable Man: Nelson Mandela (1918-2013)
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 88
The world lost a great hero yesterday with the passing of South African leader Nelson Mandela. Read more about the life of this iconic man and learn vocabulary words like affable, dismantle, poignant, renounce, prophetic, and untenable.
2. Nelson Mandela’s Most Inspiring Quotes
The Daily Beast, 12/5/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 18
During his 27-year imprisonment, Nelson Mandela inspired people through his speeches and letters. Read some of his most inspiring quotes and learn vocabulary words like apartheid, convicted, ensure, firebrand, reconciliation, and solitude.
3. Will the World Produce Another Nelson Mandela?
The Atlantic, 12/5/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 40
With the passing of Mandela, this writer wonders whether the next generation of world leaders will ever be able to live up to his example. Read more and learn vocabulary words like charismatic, devotion, eulogized, junta, reverence, and transmuted.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update