Learn 90 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: fun facts about Thanksgiving, why some people have so much trouble navigating maps, and a review of Disney's new movie 'Frozen'.
1. Thanksgiving 2013: What to Know About Turkey Day
National Geographic, 11/22/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 32
How much do you really know about Thanksgiving? Here's a collection of fun tidbits about the history, food, and traditions behind many people's favorite holiday. Read more and learn vocabulary words like chagrin, debut, encroaching, remembrance, respite, and sustenance.
2. Bad at Reading Maps? Maybe Your Brain Just Needs Better Maps
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 17
With millions of Americans about to hit the road for Thanksgiving, why is it that some people are good at navigating maps while others are hopeless? Read more and learn vocabulary words like abstract, cognitive, distinguish, intangible, meandering, and perspective.
3. ‘Frozen’ Is the Best Disney Film Since ‘The Lion King’
The Daily Beast, 11/25/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 41
Disney's latest animated film, Frozen, is being praised by many reviewers. Should you go see it? Read more and learn vocabulary words like antagonist, crescendo, mired, nostalgia, precocious, and vindication.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update