Learn 97 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: early reviews of Catching Fire, ten things that we've learned about fat in the past year, and whether Happify can actually make its users happier.
1. Catching Fire Review: Bigger, More Polished, and Just Another Popcorn Flick
The Daily Beast, 11/14/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 57
Early reviews for Catching Fire, the sequel to the Hunger Games, are out! So what do the critics think? Read more and learn vocabulary words like dispelled, gregarious, precarious, pundits, subversion, and wily.
2. 10 Things We’ve Learned About Fat
Smithsonian Magazine, 11/14/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 21
The Food and Drug Administration announced last week that it intends to ban the use of partially hydrogenated oils, a.k.a. trans fats, in foods. Read more and learn vocabulary words like contend, convert, disclose, homage, notorious, and vicious.
3. Happify Sells Social Networking Science, for Now
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 19
Happify, a new website, claims that it can make you happier just by having you play their online games. Skeptical? You're not the only one! Read more and learn vocabulary words like bolstering, credibility, entrenched, rigorous, robust, and vexing.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update