Learn 62 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: Marvel superheroes are now on Netflix, Lady Gaga's bid to be the first artist to sing in outer space, and a high-tech bracelet that functions as a personal heater.
1. Marvel to Launch a Slew of Netflix Shows: This Is Very, Very Exciting
The Atlantic, 11/7/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 21
Marvel comics fans can rejoice! Marvel just announced that four of its superheroes — Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Iron First — are getting their own shows on Netflix. Read more and learn vocabulary words like climatic, ecstatic, incarnation, madcap, obscure, and roster.
2. Beyonce Could Still Beat Lady Gaga to Space-Singing
Vanity Fair, 11/7/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 16
Lady Gaga just announced that she will be flying on the first Virgin Galactic flight to space, in a bid to be the first artist to sing in outer space. But she's not the only one! Read more and learn vocabulary words like continuous, counteract, embellishments, enticing, myriad, and withstand.
3. Can This Bracelet Actually Replace a Heater?
Smithsonian Magazine, 11/7/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 25
No more arguing over whether to turn the heater up or down! A new high-tech bracelet offers the potential for personalized cooling and warming. Read more and learn vocabulary words like alloy, genesis, obsolete, predicament, radiate, and subside.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update