Learn 126 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: the success of the Broadway musical 'Wicked', the popularity of David Ortiz of the Boston Red Sox, and Bitcoin's move into the mainstream.
1. A ‘Wicked’ Decade: How a Critically Trashed Musical Became a Long-Running Smash
The Daily Beast, 10/30/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 37
The musical Wicked, which tells the story of the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz, has been a Broadway smash for a decade! But it wasn't always that way. Read more and learn vocabulary words like ingenious, meandering, presumed, rendition, superfluity, and vulnerability.
2. Big Papi Keeps Getting Bigger
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 39
David Ortiz is undoubtedly one of Boston's most beloved athletes. His popularity has continued to soar over the years. Read more and learn vocabulary words like charisma, insufferable, outlandish, stoic, unprecedented, and versatile.
3. Bitcoin’s Radical Days Are Over. Here’s How to Take It Mainstream
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 50
Bitcoin, a form of peer-to-peer digital currency, is poised to change how we use money in the Digital Age. Read more and learn vocabulary words like commandeer, counterfeit, disparity, protocol, safeguard, and tempestuous.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update