Learn 85 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: where Olympians like to ski and snowboard, how to create spooky technologically-enhanced pumpkin carvings, and the NFL's efforts to support the fight against breast cancer.
1. Olympians Dish on Their Favorite Spots to Ski & Snowboard
The Daily Beast, 10/26/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 50
Snow season is fast approaching! Ever wonder where the Olympians prefer to go to ski or snowboard? Read more and learn vocabulary words like discrete, inception, migrant, nascent, parlance, and vertiginous.
2. 10 Cyborg Jack-o’-Lanterns for Terrifying the Neighborhood Kids
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 19
Carving pumpkins isn't just for kids anymore! Here's a guide to creating some scary technologically-enhanced pumpkins. Read more and learn vocabulary words like antiquated, dispenses, evolve, hallows, inundated, and pedantic.
3. The NFL’s Pinkwashing Problem
U.S. News, 10/27/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 16
Everything is pink in the NFL these days — from uniforms to penalty flags to goalposts. But is the NFL's effort to support the fight against breast cancer actually helping? Read more and learn vocabulary words like ambiguous, coalition, juggernaut, protocol, relenting, and undermine.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update