Learn 131 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: what the official sport would be of every U.S. state, a review of the new TV show 'Sleepy Hollow', and the best video game theme songs.
1. The United Sports of America
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 86
If every state in the U.S. had its own "official sport" — what would they be? Read this humorous take on our regional sports obsessions and learn vocabulary words like aggrieved, anarchy, dearth, defensible, disperse, impose, and synonymous.
2. ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Is TV’s Craziest, Most Over-the-Top New Show ... And You Should Watch It
The Daily Beast, 10/8/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 30
The legendary Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow has returned to TV this fall! Read more and learn vocabulary words like emancipation, indignation, mercenary, ostensibly, reticent, and subtlety.
3. Ranking Our Favorite Video Game Songs
The Atlantic, 10/7/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 15
Video game theme songs can be downright addicting. Who hasn't had the Super Mario Brothers theme song stuck in their head before? Read more and learn vocabulary words like emulate, nostalgic, pivotal, pyre, renowned, and revive.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update