Learn 146 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: Kate and William's life post-baby, the world's tallest vertical garden, and the 40th anniversary of the Endangered Species Act.
1. Duchess Kate’s Life with George
Vanity Fair, October 2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 79
Kate and William have led a very private life in the months since the arrival of their son George. Read more for a sneak peek into the life of the royals and learn vocabulary words like confronting, daunting, dictated, elated, protocol, summoned, and surreal.
2. The World's Tallest Vertical Garden Is Like a Niagara Falls of Plants
The Atlantic, 9/18/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 29
In an attempt to make urban cities more green, one botanist is building vertical gardens in major cities across the world. Read more and learn vocabulary words like abode, beguiling, deluges, facade, pinnacle, shrouded, and verdant.
3. The 5 Biggest Myths about the Endangered Species Act
Scientific American, 9/18/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 38
This year marks the 40th anniversary of the Endangered Species Act. Did this landmark U.S. legislation actually achieve its goals? Read more and learn vocabulary words like degradation, fosters, inviolate, misconception, negligible, preclude, and turbine.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update