Learn 82 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: the story of the first victim of the September 11th attacks, the world of miniature art, and the possibility of a bullet train connecting California's main cities.
1. The First Victim of Sept. 11
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 32
Yesterday was the 12th anniversary of the September 11th attacks. Read about the first victim, Danny Lewin, who was on Flight 11 and tried to stop the hijacking of the plane. Read more and learn vocabulary words like audacious, concurred, grim, impediment, imposing, irony, and repatriation.
2. 13 Strange Miniature Worlds, Crafted by Hand
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 24
Terrariums and other miniature mediums are the hot new trend right now. Read more about these tiny works of art and learn vocabulary words like concave, contradiction, eerie, enduring, intricately, isolation, malleable, and surreal.
3. Getting California's bullet train back on track
Los Angeles Times, 9/11/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 26
The dream of connecting California's big cities via a high-speed bullet train has been in the works for decades. Why hasn't it happened yet? Read more and learn vocabulary words like coercion, concessions, eroded, jurisdiction, polarized, referendum, regimes, and successor.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update