Learn 80 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: a Downton Abbey preview, the next generation of bioplastic utensils, and what Gmail is really doing with your emails.
1. Downton Abbey Preview: A Dozen Things We Already Know About Season Four
Vanity Fair, 8/14/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 21
American fans will have to wait 'til January to see the next season of Downton Abbey. But here are some things that we know are in store for us! Read more and learn vocabulary words like aristocracy, dowager, expository, impeccable, inimitable, morbid, sublime, and wit.
2. Surreal Bioplastic Utensils That Look Like Veggies
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 27
We use and discard plastic utensils without even thinking about it. But what if we could replace them with really cool-looking biodegradable ones? Read more and learn vocabulary words like agrarian, concocted, crude, derived, exhortation, homage, prototypes, and refined.
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 32
You probably use your Gmail dozens of times a day on multiple devices. But what kind of privacy are you giving up for the free email service? Read more and learn vocabulary words like allege, convey, ethical, onus, paranoia, parse, salient, and statutes.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update