Learn 129 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles about William and Kate's royal baby!
1. I’m Excited About The Royal Baby (And It’s Okay If You Are Too)
Scientific American, 7/23/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 53
The royal baby arrived yesterday to much fanfare and celebration around the world! Were you excited too? This author certainly was and explains why. Read more and learn vocabulary words like allure, bestow, coercion, heresy, morality, nepotism, opulent, sanctioned, and sovereign.
2. The Argument Against Royal Families
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 55
This author wonders why we are so obsessed with British Royalty, when they are a living reminder of centuries of oppression and injustice. Read more and learn vocabulary words like allegiance, anachronisms, antiquity, hapless, hyperbole, mendicants, myriad, patronage, and veritable.
3. Celebrate the Royal Baby With Barf Bags and £650 Porcelain Cats
The Atlantic, 7/23/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 21
Looking for a souvenir to commemorate the birth of the royal baby? You have plenty of options. But some souvenirs are so bizarre, you might wonder who on earth would buy them?! Read more and learn vocabulary words like churlish, deluge, imperious, muted, resplendent, smitten, threadbare, and whimsy.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update