Learn 98 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: the international youth unemployment epidemic, new factory safety commitments in Bangladesh, and Dan Brown's latest novel, Inferno.
1. Youth Unemployment: Generation Jobless
The Economist, 4/27/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 59
Around the world, young people are struggling to find jobs. What is causing this epidemic of youth unemployment and can it be changed? Read more and learn vocabulary words like apartheid, austerity, counteract, exacerbating, intermittent, optimistic, stagnant, tenure, and wary.
2. Retailers Sign Bangladesh Garment Factory Safety Deal
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 21
After the tragic Bangladesh factory collapse, international retailing giants have finally committed to improving factory conditions for workers. Read more and learn vocabulary words like accord, coalition, deplorable, implementing, paltry, premises, punitive, retrieved, safeguard, and vital.
3. Dan Brown: Happy 'Inferno' Publication Day
Los Angeles Times, 5/14/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 18
Dan Brown, best known for his blockbuster hit The Da Vinci Code, has published a follow-up novel, Inferno. Read more and learn vocabulary words like chthonic, contemporary, dynamic, eternal, persistence, preceded, prologue, protagonist, vernacular, and woe.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update