Learn 74 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles: advice for the Class of 2013, the director J.J. Abrams, and the physics of bubbles.
1. To the Class of 2013: Resist simplicity
Chicago Tribune, 5/12/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 27
It's graduation season! Check out this writer's advice to the Class of 2013. Read more and learn vocabulary words like abating, censorship, inundated, mired, profound, proposition, reflective, supersede, and unique.
2. What You Should Know About: J.J. Abrams
Vanity Fair, June 2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 31
J.J. Abrams is not only revitalizing the Star Trek franchise, but he'll also be taking over from George Lucas on the next Star Wars installment. Read more and learn vocabulary words like abide, adept, cognizant, egregious, gleaned, macabre, nimble, and subtle.
3. Pinning down the Physics of Bubbles
Los Angeles Times, 5/11/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 16
Bubbles aren't just a beloved childhood pastime, there is serious science behind the art of bubbles! Read more and learn vocabulary words like computing, conserve, contorting, ephemeral, extrapolation, gravity, iridescent, relevant, and transparent.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update