Learn 118 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles about performance enhancement drug use, Brad Pitt's new movie, and the impact of sitting all day on your health.
1. Is Human Enhancement Cheating?
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 63
Are performance enhancement drugs and surgeries legal in sports? Of course not. But what about on the battlefield? Read more and learn vocabulary words like allegations, archetypal, conglomerates, idyllic, illusory, pervasive, quotidian, retribution, and visceral.
2. Brad Pitt's World War Z Drama
Vanity Fair, June 2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 43 (on first page)
Brad Pitt is a veteran movie superstar, but making blockbuster films can be a challenge, even for him! Read more and learn vocabulary words like allegory, eclectic, entice, gloat, incoherent, lucrative, mediocrity, pandemic, and solace.
3. Overweight? It's Not Your Desk's Fault
U.S. News, 5/8/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 12
There has been a lot of press recently about the health perils of sitting at a desk all day. Is that the cause of our obesity epidemic? Read more and learn vocabulary words like accumulate, amass, discretion, equivalent, perspective, and vindicate.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update