Learn 105 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles about Iron Man 3, the science community's uproar over the Kiera Wilmot case, and fun facts about penguins.
1. Iron Man Three: Tony Stark Saves the World, Gets a Heart
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 64
Did you see Iron Man 3 this weekend? See if you agree with this critic's review of one of the biggest movies of this summer. Read more and learn vocabulary words like atrocity, curt, harbinger, imperative, minions, pallid, plausible, reckless, resolute, and splenetic.
2. Scientists’ Support for Kiera Wilmot #Solidarity4Wilmot
Scientific American, 5/3/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 24
The science community is in an uproar over the treatment of Kiera Wilmot, a high school student who is being charged with a violent felony for conducting a failed science experiment at school that blew up the lab. Read more and learn vocabulary words like antics, derived, deter, initiate, legitimate, petition, sanctioned, and solidarity.
3. 14 Fun Facts About Penguins
Smithsonian Magazine, 4/25/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 17
People love penguins! Here are some fun facts about these fascinating and cute aquatic birds. Read more and learn vocabulary words like abundance, camouflaged, carnivores, charismatic, predator, preen, quench, and species.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update