Learn 112 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles about The Minerva Project, the impact of pesticides on birds and bees, and cool environmental holidays.
1. Minerva Aims to be an Online Ivy League University
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 35
The Minerva Project is seeking to change how we think about higher education in this country. Read more and learn vocabulary words like caliber, comparable, conventional, discretion, hybrid, immersed, innovation, nonpartisan, and prominent.
2. Pesticide Suspected in Bee Die-Offs Could Also Kill Birds
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 52 (on first page)
The population of honeybees has dropped significantly in North America and Europe in recent years, but it looks like they are not the only ones affected by controversial pesticides. Read more and learn vocabulary words like blatant, catastrophic, derived, elides, furor, malady, and precipitous.
3. 10 Environmental Holidays That Are Cooler Than Earth Day
Popular Science, 4/22/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 25
Missed out on Earth Day celebrations earlier this week? Check out some other environmental holidays that are coming up! Read more and learn vocabulary words like dormant, exploitation, generic, humanity, inducing, migratory, purveyor, regenerate, and revive.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update