Learn 77 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader with 3 articles about Earth Day 2013!
1. 10 Things We’ve Learned About the Earth Since Last Earth Day
Smithsonian Magazine, 4/19/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 35
Every year that goes by, we learn just a little bit more about the amazing planet that we call home. Read more and learn vocabulary words like adjacent, distinct, induced, notable, pigment, relic, sediment, seismic, and speculate.
2. Earth Day: When It Is, How It Began, What to Do
National Geographic, 4/22/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 15
Yesterday was the 43rd anniversary of Earth Day! Ever wonder how Earth Day got its start? Read more and learn vocabulary words like affected, evolved, exuberance, myriad, perpetuating, persistent, pledging, pollution, and recounted.
3. Most Earthlike planets yet seen bring Kepler closer to its holy grail
Science News, 4/18/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 27
Astronomers recently discovered two new planets that are more "earthlike" than any other planet yet discovered. Read more and learn vocabulary words like alluring, attained, ensure, illuminated, indistinguishable, optimistic, sustain, and teeming.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update